Logic Express 9 Re-Install - HELP!

bowjest

Registered
Hello to all,

Hopefully a very quick question!

I've been using Logic Express 9 for a few months now and started today messing about with the included demo project "The Numbers Game".

Unfortunately, I accidentally hit save on a change and now have fundamentally affected the demo.

If I do a re-install of Logic Express 9 will this wipe out or affect my other projects in any way? I really don't want to lose any of the work I've done so far, but would really like to have back the original demo project as a learning tool.

Thanks!

A reinstall of Logic 9 shouldn't wipe out or change any saved projects you have already. All a reinstall of Logic would do is replacing the core components of the application itself, so no other material would be affected. Before you do however you should make a backup of all you saved Logic projects to either an external drive or a different folder (I believe the default install location for new projects is under Logic's folder that is automatically added to the "Music" folder when you install it) just to be safe.

Also, its possible that you can get a clean version of the demo without having to reinstall Logic itself. Look for an "Extras" folder (or something similar) that on the Logic 9 install disk, the demo content might be under there. If not, during the reinstall process when you get to the window the ask whether you want to do a standard install their should be a button labeled "Customize" and after you click it you'll presented with a list of components that you can choose to install. The demo content might be on that list, if so just un-check everything else.

BreatheCarolina,

Thanks for that. I'll give that a try now. The extras disk has some other projects, but not the one I messed up, so hopefully the custom install option will fix things.

Much appreciated!

Back