Login Customization

The Madhatter

Registered
I am real big into this login screen customization thing, as Darkshadow has shown us (http://homepage.mac.com/darkshadow2/misc/login.jpg) it can be real awesome. I got the Dev Tools, and have tried my best, but can't figure it out. Am I going to have to learn a little C code?

How many of you currently have customized their login screen i.e. changed the background (but not renamed a picture Aqua Blue.jpg), moved around the buttons, added transparency and the such? If you do, how did you figure out how to do it? Links to instruction pages will be greatly appreciated.

I'll post a pic of what my current login screen is so you'll understand how messed up it is now after I played around with it. Again, can someone post thier login.nib file as a .zip in a reply to this post please?

Having a custom screen would be just awesome. Hopefully I could make some Windows dudes around the dorm jealous.

A revial from the dead!!!!!!

logon.jpg

hehe! ..."ner ner" :D

NeYo

It's a do-it-yourself world if you don't HAVE a Mac. :)

But I must say that the Apple logo is too jaggy and distorted for me. The real thing is better.

Originally posted by fryke
It's a do-it-yourself world if you don't HAVE a Mac. :)

But I must say that the Apple logo is too jaggy and distorted for me. The real thing is better.

Yup, Fryke is Right! ;)

<< Neyo Hopes to retrieve his iBook Very Soon :D >>

as for the jaggedness, well, the image has a glow like effect around it, it's very sharp, maybe its JPG compression!? it does look Sweet!

NeYo

nono... the shadow looks okay, it's the apple's outline that seems too jagged for me, compared to the 'real' apple:

apple.gif

okay, but senne, would you PLEASE edit your post and remove the quote of that BIG image? it is ... mildly annoying.

Back