Login screen

The Madhatter

Registered
I want to change the positions of the buttons on the Login Screen. I heard that I need some developer tools to do this. Which program specifically would I use to edit .nib files?

Specificaly you need "Interface builder" but I am not certain you can just install Interface Builder alone - It may rely on other parts, frameworks, objects, etc not sure... I have changed my login and startup if you want to see just click the link below in my sig

Cheers

I got the Dev Tools from Apple, which included Interface Builder. I could edit .nib files, and figured out how to move around the icons on the login screen. The only problem is I can't figure out how to get pictures on either the login window or the desktop. When I open up interface builder and then the login.nib file, It displays five items in the instances tab of the window. If I double click on the item "Login Panel" it shows me the positions of the icons in the login window. I can move those around. Then there are two other window items, "Desktop Window" and "Window". Desktop window is blank, it has not items that I can see in it, but I assume that is where the background picture would go. Then "Window" is the progress bar, I don't think I should do anything with that.

I have seen and heard of people who know how to do this, so can anyone help me out here on how to add picture files to the desktop and login window?

Oh yeah, I didn't make a backup of the login.nib file, so could someone please send me a copy of their for me to use since I have for the moment screwed up mine? My email address is madhatter979@tamu.edu.

Thanks a lot.

If I'm not mistaken the Background of the Login Screen is Aqua Blue.jpg Located in /Library/Desktop Pictures. Just name the image you want displayed at login Aqua Blue.jpg and rename the original Aqua Blue.jpg something else. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure of this, maybe 90%. I'll give it a go in a few and report back.

lata

Back