Login to LDAP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

speederpro

Registered
Hello All,

The problem: User A try to login to Comp A (Mac OS 10.4.11 set up with LDAP). After entering username and password, the login screen dissappear and only show a blue screen. The server is Mac OS X Server 10.4.11 as well. I had tried logging in as a different user and it work properly. I went to check on the workgroup manager on the server to compare the two user. To my eye, both are setup identical except the username. I went try find the user home directory. I cannot find user A's home directory.

What steps do I do to fix this problem?

Please help. I'm very new to Mac OS X and LDAP.

Hmm...ok, maybe it isn't ldap. I created a local account (non admin) and it also takes a long time to login. Does anyone experienced this problem before?
The existing admin account seems to work properly.

You'd have to supply a bit more info. Long login times could be a directory service issue, such as improper DNS. Do you receive any sort of error message? When you say that you cannot find user A's home directory, have you specified a home directory location in your Open Directory? When you create network users, you need to specify this. It can be something such as a network share (AFP, etc) or a local point to create it (/Users). If a home directory isn't found, user login will fail.

Michael

I don't know what kind of information is needed. Its too erratic to make any sense to it. I had rebooted it in safe mode a couple times. Not having any luck, I talk to my supervisor that I had tried every possible alternatives. From recreating the user profile to creating a new user on the same local computer to booting up in safe mode. Somehow, he went to that computer, boot to safe mode, login using that user account, restart the computer. All the log in problem disappear. How do I explain that? I don't know but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back