Longhorn 3D GUI Engine Quicktime movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Ricky
And you. Stop impersonating a moderator.

Devlinite, you've entered the bull ring in a loose, waving red suit. Watch it.
In defense of Arden, he was merely telling the guy that what he was doing was against the rules. He never aluted to being a mod.

i think that was discussed elsewhere, and the answer already given.

while the "suggestions" are useful, the tone was very much authoritarian in nature, and is over his own head, thus the comment by ricky responded that way...

plain and simple, dev, tone it down, im sure youve already gotten warnings from others, and arden, thanks, but watch your tone :)

understood, its just there are a few here lately that have been walking some thin lines...

i would just appreciate if people respected others opinions, and be a little more civilized, thats all.

For a second there, I thought you said excrement and not excitement and was about to wholeheartedly agree with you... :D

Originally posted by Devlinite
Well that would account to OSX only being updated, not apple having an entirely new OS.

Longhorn is nothing we have seen from MS, it's totally new OS. So there is quite excitement in the coming months... Beta versions will arrive in 2004.

Originally posted by Devlinite
Longhorn is made from scratch,

For the record (as has been noted) Longhorn is based on NT (should end up being Windows NT 6.0 from what I have heard). There have been quite a few operating systems released by Microsoft based on NT such as:

• Windows NT 3.1
    Windows NT 3.5/3.51
    Windows NT 4.0
    Windows 2000 (aka Windows NT 5.0)
    Windows XP (aka Windows NT 5.1)
    Windows Server 2003 (aka Windows NT 5.2)
But, even before that, the technology that Windows NT is based on was originally OS/2 (co-developed with IBM) from the late 1980's.

As for Mac OS X, the BSD layer is an interface for Mach which (by itself) is not based on any form of Unix. The Mach OS was developed as a project at CMU with one of the principle designers being Avie Tevanian (who is at Apple, and was originally with Jobs at NeXT). The development of Mach was at about the same time as that of OS/2.

Apple's reason for using BSD (and now FreeBSD) is rooted in the choice of BSD by NeXT in the 80's.

It always helps to do some research before posting. Errors of the type you've made makes your opinion on operating systems limited.

Betas will come already in 2004? The Micro$fot engineers will learn so quick how to copy some of the features that are in 10.2 to Longhorn? D'oh.

Dear Devlinite,

These forums actually called www.macosx.com and if you cannot understand what their audience is by it's name let me tell you:

Apple and their products

For any reasons, logical, ethical, scientific, etc. or NOT you seem to like and actually enjoy your Wintel/Amd world and that's GOOD for you...

If you like to share YOUR fun with us, by now, you already did that in abundant ways! I would like to inform you that with the things you post here you remind the majority of people here what life forms they should avoid in any way possible! The life forms you seem to come from are the following...

Devlinite Evolution
------------------------
Stage 1:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/peon.shtml

Stage 2:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/trollheadhunter.shtml

Stage 3:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/trollberserker.shtml

The worst part is that you actually seem to enjoy your Evolution and you are going all the way in order to become this:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/shadowhunter.shtml

You! You! You are one a heck of a TROLL!!!

Enjoy, your logical, mature, scientific, democratic, etc. visit here!

After all, TROLLS too, deserve a fair treatment in www.macosx.com and not only Apple customers...

ok, move along. nothing more to see here. devlinite is manicdevlin and is already on the banned list. thus he is also banned under this username as well. don't expect anymore replies from him here or anywhere else. if you get one as another username, please report it.

btw - this guy has never been able to back anything up with facts, just quotes from other dell cheerleaders like himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back