Looking for a PDA?

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
I am looking to buy a PDA... I was looking at the PALM PDA's... But since the salesman couldn't answer simple things like? Does it Work on Apple? How do I get Software for it etc? I am stuck with wanting to get a PDA but not knowing what to get? Any Suggestions from the Die Hard Apple users is GREATLY APPRECIATED :)

The models I have looked at from PALM are Z22 and the Palm TX... Plus I went to their website and they don't address much information other than this one can do this... (feature wise etc...) doesn't say much about Apple.

Palm doesn't sync with appel out fo the box but a solution is provided by The Missing Sync which integrates it with ical, address book, office apps etc. It will also sync Windows Mobile systems with mac so your have many choices for the PDA type you choose.

Actually, palm devices do sync out of the box if you install and use the palm desktop software for your calendar, address book, and other applicable PIM functions.

A solution such as "the missing sync" will be required to sync with non-palm applications.

Ok.. but what to get is that personal preference? or Is there one that you could say GET THIS ONE!!! I recommend it?

It really depends on what you will be using the PDA for.

I have a Palm Zire 71 and a Palm Treo 650 - the 650 is
awesome if you also want/need the phone capability.

I have not used the Z22 or the TX myself, but i would
choose the Palm TX over the Z22 due to the added
functions/capabilities.

The Z22 appears to be a very basic entry-level PDA.

Check out these discussion forums:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&q=Palm+Forums&btnG=Search

If you do not need the extra bells and whistles on the Palm TX, my advice
would be to buy a Palm Zire 71 or 72 off of eBay - thats where i got my
Zire 71, Treo 600, and Treo 650.

Back