Looking For Advanced Slideshow Control

arctomys

Registered
Hi,

Two questions for which I would be very grateful for any advice.

(1) I'm using iPhoto 5 on Mac OSX10.3.8. Is there any flexibility to control the timing and editing of music? I'd like to alter the duration that each individual slide is shown and use select portions of more than one piece of music per show. I've tried importing pictures into iMovie but there seems to be a significant decrease in picture resolution. Is there another program I should be using?

(2) I'd like to scan my 35mm slide collection so I can download them to my mac and make slideshows to exhibit to groups on large screens using an LCD projector. I have no idea what scan resolution I need to get the same quality as the old slide projectors. I have a couple thousand slides and don't want to have a local photo lab scan them just to find that the projection quality is disappointing.

Thanks on advance.

1) i don't know

2) that's not posible.. beamers have a limited resolution, say 1024x768 or 1280x1024 for an expensive one.. they're not by far close to slide-projectors, which are limited in resolution only by the grain of the slides.
so i'd scan them on a resolution at which the resulting scans are at least bigger than 1024x768. and i would go for a multiple of that..

Back