Looking for an old game

DefUnct_UK

Registered
Afternoon,

im trying to rack down copies of:

Hellcats
Hellcats Over the Pacific
Hellcats Leyte Gulf.

Anyone have them knocking around? They should be quite small (by todays standards)

I've been searching for a copy of Lord of the Realm II without any success. I wish Apple would make all these old games available with a new computer like Nintendo will do!

Yeah, im sure there are more people that would like to track down past distractions.

There must be a place to find them. Im not convinced that copies dont exist.

There are some "abandonware" sites that host old games that have been abandoned by their publishers. However, I assume these games are still covered by copyright law, so the sites are probably technically illegal, so.....dunno if I should link. In any case, a little Googling should be all you need to find these sites if you're interested. I just found two of the Hellcats games available at the most prominent Mac abandonware site.

[edit: Heh, a bit late with my reply I guess. The site linked above was the one I was talking about.]

Yeah, i just kind of assumed abandonware was legal, I had a look and saw this on the site:
"Abandonware is commercial software that has been discontinued by the publisher and are not sold or supported anymore. If you are the publisher of a certain game on this site, and wish that it is removed, please email me and I will remove the game."

Its been mentioned on the board before i think, I'm pretty sure this is where i found the link, still, its an interesting issue.

abandonware is not "official" legalese - I still like it though - if you dont produce it anymore, you dont sell it, no intention of selling it - then it's free for anyone that wants to use it (copyrights these days are run amuck anyway - dont get me started!)

DefUnct_UK said:
Thanks guys :)

Got Over the Pacific.

Reliving my Mac 475 Days.

Ha! I have the original disks for that one. What are you running it on?

I would like to find a way to play a few of my old games on a modern mac. I had to set up my Performa to play some tie fighter and monkey island.

Im aware of that thanks :)

Note: Tiger and Tigger are similar, Tigger was a character in Winne the Pooh.....I chose to call it Tigger so that i could use Tigger's song as sig :)

Its a pun or "play on words"

HateEternal said:
Ha! I have the original disks for that one. What are you running it on?

I would like to find a way to play a few of my old games on a modern mac. I had to set up my Performa to play some tie fighter and monkey island.

I would run it on a G3 powermac with 9.2 on it. I dont think classic would run it would it?

Hey, Canada-man, I just found a copy of Lord of the Realm II underneath my bed...old stuff...good stuff. I don't have the original box, but I have a paper CD case and the instruction book.

Back