Looking for an old game

DefUnct_UK

Registered
Afternoon,

im trying to rack down copies of:

Hellcats
Hellcats Over the Pacific
Hellcats Leyte Gulf.

Anyone have them knocking around? They should be quite small (by todays standards)

Canada-Man

My team was the Expos
I've been searching for a copy of Lord of the Realm II without any success. I wish Apple would make all these old games available with a new computer like Nintendo will do!

DefUnct_UK

Registered
Yeah, im sure there are more people that would like to track down past distractions.

There must be a place to find them. Im not convinced that copies dont exist.

Mikuro

Crotchety UI Nitpicker
There are some "abandonware" sites that host old games that have been abandoned by their publishers. However, I assume these games are still covered by copyright law, so the sites are probably technically illegal, so.....dunno if I should link. In any case, a little Googling should be all you need to find these sites if you're interested. I just found two of the Hellcats games available at the most prominent Mac abandonware site.

[edit: Heh, a bit late with my reply I guess. The site linked above was the one I was talking about.]

ora

Registered
Yeah, i just kind of assumed abandonware was legal, I had a look and saw this on the site:
"Abandonware is commercial software that has been discontinued by the publisher and are not sold or supported anymore. If you are the publisher of a certain game on this site, and wish that it is removed, please email me and I will remove the game."

Its been mentioned on the board before i think, I'm pretty sure this is where i found the link, still, its an interesting issue.

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
abandonware is not "official" legalese - I still like it though - if you dont produce it anymore, you dont sell it, no intention of selling it - then it's free for anyone that wants to use it (copyrights these days are run amuck anyway - dont get me started!)

HateEternal

Mac Metal Head
DefUnct_UK said:
Thanks guys :)

Got Over the Pacific.

Reliving my Mac 475 Days.
Ha! I have the original disks for that one. What are you running it on?

I would like to find a way to play a few of my old games on a modern mac. I had to set up my Performa to play some tie fighter and monkey island.

DefUnct_UK

Registered
Im aware of that thanks :)

Note: Tiger and Tigger are similar, Tigger was a character in Winne the Pooh.....I chose to call it Tigger so that i could use Tigger's song as sig :)

Its a pun or "play on words"

DefUnct_UK

Registered
HateEternal said:
Ha! I have the original disks for that one. What are you running it on?

I would like to find a way to play a few of my old games on a modern mac. I had to set up my Performa to play some tie fighter and monkey island.

I would run it on a G3 powermac with 9.2 on it. I dont think classic would run it would it?

Mikola

Registered
Hey, Canada-man, I just found a copy of Lord of the Realm II underneath my bed...old stuff...good stuff. I don't have the original box, but I have a paper CD case and the instruction book.