looking for reliable voltage converter

d54321k

Registered
Hi
I am looking for a durable voltage converter to use with my iBook on a trip from US to Europe. All converters that I found so far say something like "use with hair dryers and other small devices". What about a laptop? Does anyone have any experience in this matter?
Thanks
dk

Any converter that is listed as okay with a hair drier will be more than adequate for any Laptop.

Thanks! So I don't need to worry about getting an 800-watts converter? As opposed to all those inexpensive 100-watts ones sold in every Target store?

(Some distributor sites seem to recommend at least 800 watts if you plan to use it with a TV or a monitor, unless it's their evil ploy to extort more money out of unsuspecting folks like myself...)

Check the specs for you iBook. Most have auto sensing built in. Then all you need is a plug adapter and not a voltage converter.

Max Watts:

Amps:

BTU per Hr:

Voltage:
100-240

Freq Range:
50-60 Hz

Bob, thank you very much for your explanation. One more question: is all this info listed under System Profiler somewhere? I couldn't see where it would say anything about watts (or mention the words "auto sensing"). I must sound pretty stupid, sorry..

No, voltage specs won't be in the System Profiler.

Post the model iBook you have.

Back