Losing faith in Apple?

hulk - if you would like to start a thread like that in this forum i would have no problems with it while things are slow and there isn't much real apple news. As long you keep it within the site rules and make sure you don't come off sounding like every PC user is an idiot, there should be no problems. i think many of us might find some of your stories entertaining. Give it a shot and we'll see how it goes.

I think I can boil it down to two categories...

What Apple does right:
iApps are great value added products
OS X (in general)
Systemwide use of PDF
innovative product design
ease of use
great high end turnkey video solutions...

What Apple does wrong:
Lackluster CPU speeds (not exactly their fault, but it's still their problem - and we're not just talking mhz, as now the PPC gets creamed in many tests vs. mid level AMD/P4 chips)
high initial cost of hardware (although TCO/ROI over time usually favors the Mac)
slow web browsing (dump IE for an Apple branded version of Chimera and all will be well)
painfully slow Flash playback (Apple should send engineers over to Macromedia to fix this)
lack of a high end PROFESSIONAL 3D card
sells a product (Shake) that requires a 3 button mouse, but still only sells a one button (time to at least offer users an Apple branded 3 button mouse Apple!)
OS X performance, while markedly improved, is still in need of further optimizations. Personally, I believe that it's just the growing pains of moving to a highly taxing imaging system before the hardware is ready to handle it...

I could go on and on and make both lists alot longer, but that's the big picture from my view.

Back