Losing The Lid ... No Sleep!!!

Stejimenez

Registered
Hello Everyone.

I just Bought a New MBP intel Core 2 Duo, My first MAC... I'm a very experience windows User. I'm Happy to dump my Inspiron 9300 to the garbage.

My question is:

How can I prevent my MBP to go to Sleep mode when I Close the Lid?

On windows you usually have a setting in power management that you choose "When I Close the lid -> Do Nothing" when is pluggend in wall.

But, on MBP manual says you can use the computer with lid closed if you connect a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse.

The thing is I use P2P software to download TV shows and other stuff, and I Usually close the lid with laptop On and put it to rest under my bed... when I wake up everything have been downloaded. I cannont do that with my new MBP Now... It Sleeps a soon as I close the lid.

Can anyone help.

Best Regards,

Stejimenez.

You could *almost* close the lid, i.e. make sure it doesn't close completely and doesn't go to sleep. Put a matchbox between the handrest and the display's edge or something. It's just something they actually don't want you to do. Only if you connect at least a keyboard and a monitor you can run it lid-closed.

If you go to preferences, then click on the lightbulb. you can set the monitor off time to one minute. It may also have lid settings.

good luck

Back