Loss of Audio?

mosx86

Registered
1.42 GHz G4 (Mac Mini)
1GB RAM
MOSX.4.3

Something strange has occurred. I've suddenly lost all audio in a handful of games I play. Among the affect games: Starcraft and MarbleBlast Gold. Other games such as UT2k4 and Ultratron are unaffected.

I've repaired disk permissions, but can't think of what else to try. It has happened one time before, but the problem corrected itself after a day.

No updates were done prior to the loss of audio and I don't do any serious tweaks to my system.

I'm at a loss.

I can't say for sure, but I've heard many similar reports that were cured by loading GarageBand. I'm not sure exactly why this works, but if you have GarageBand, give it a shot.

Mikuro said:
I can't say for sure, but I've heard many similar reports that were cured by loading GarageBand. I'm not sure exactly why this works, but if you have GarageBand, give it a shot.

Hmmm. I'll give it a try. GarageBand is the one iLife app that I don't have installed (not much into music).

Mikuro said:

Okay, I have to admit that going into it, I was a little dubious, but... IT WORKED!

What the heck? Can anyone explain why? :confused:

Many thanks Mikuro...

Back