Lost Bluetooth!

cyprus mac man

Expert Macintosh...er
Hey everyone,

I seem to have lost my Bluetooth. I have a 15" PowerBook G4 with built-in Bluetooth, but now it is gone! After the battery starting up the computer, the Bluetooth symbol in the menu-bar turned gray with a line through it. When clicked it says "Bluetooth: Not Available". In System Profiler, it says "No information found". What happened?

On another topic, the Diagnostic option in System Profiler also says "No information found.". Any info on this problem too would be great.

Thanks

Cyprus Mac Man

1) Unplug ALL USB devices
2) delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
3) Power down the computer
4) Take the battery out
5) Leave the computer off for a couple minutes
6) Replace battery
7) Reboot the computer

Hey everyone,

I seem to have lost my Bluetooth. I have a 15" PowerBook G4 with built-in Bluetooth, but now it is gone! After the battery starting up the computer, the Bluetooth symbol in the menu-bar turned gray with a line through it. When clicked it says "Bluetooth: Not Available". In System Profiler, it says "No information found". What happened?

At least one problem is that the bluetooth adapter flakes out and even turns off when it doesn't get enough power. Unplug your USB & firewire stuff (which is what caused the issue on my MBP), shut down the machine, let it rest for a few minutes, then power it back up.

I had the same exact thing that you describe ..

Peace,

Cameron.

Back