Lost Favorites IE5.1

scotlovesmacs

Registered
Hi. I transferred/copied IE 5.1 from my main drive volume onto another internal drive I was setting up for my kids. After copying, I opened Explorer on the second drive and moved my personal Favorites to the trash so the kids could build their own list. After re-opening Explorer on the original drive, the trashed Favorites were gone from there as well. The individual items/url's do not appear in the trash either although I never emptied it after moving the Favorites from the second drive where I had copied IE. I tried Norton Unerase with no luck. My understanding is that these addresses have to be somewhere and that they are not overwritten until new files are created, even if the trash was emptied. Can anyone help me figure out how to locate these Favorites and restore to the original IE on my main drive? There are several dozen web locations that I'll never remember since I have built this list over years of time. If I don't recover them, it will be extraordinarily bad. Thanks a million for any help. Machine is desktop beige G3 running 9.2. Both drives are internal. Thanks again. Scot.

Back