Lost Mail

MoragN

Registered
I have had a mail meltdown. I am running Tiger on an imac g5. Went to look at an open email from a known contact and email contents were gone instead was a message saying the message was not available and would have reconnect to server, same was true of all emails in my inbox. I ran Yasu and restarted, on restart Mail opened as if for the first time, all folders with old mail in were gone, although email account details were still in place except for the smtp. Also address book is empty, desktop preferences were lost, as were Safari preferences and bookmarks, . The only thing done between opening the email with no problem and returning to it was to email some photos from iphoto. Any ideas what happened, and if my old email folders and address book might still be accessible somewhere? Spotlight tells me they are in the library under Mail but when I go there all is empty.... Help!
Nayana

That also Address Book, desktop prefs, Safari etc. were lost points to a problem with the whole user account, maybe even the file system. Are you by any chance using FileVault? (I don't mean you should, just asking to verify...)

Back