Lost time zones

tismey

Official Bartender
After having reformatted my Drive and reinstalled everything up to 10.1, my system now works, but all my times are American Pacific Time. When I click on the UK in Date & Time > Timezones , it says 'there are no time zones to select'. Uh? What about GMT, the daddy of em all?

Anyone else had time oddness?

How did you update? With the Up-to-date updater, or with the full 10.1 version?

The time zone drop down is greyed out, so I can't select it. So I have to pretend I live in France and set the clock back an hour....

I've just re-initialised and re-installed AGAIN (this time from a full 10.1 install) and it's now working. No matter WHAT I did, it wouldn't set to GMT, and then I lost my sound, so I thought 'bollocks to it', and started from scratch. Works nice now though.

Cheers for yer help, testuser. I wonder what the problem is....

Apparently, it only happens if you upgrade from versions 10.0 through 10.0.4. So that's OK then, because they're the ONLY VERSIONS YOU CAN UPGRADE FROM!!!! Fools.

1. Open the Terminal application (in /Applications/Utilities).
2. At the prompt (#) type:
sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/cacheTimeZones
3. Press Return.
4. You will be prompted for a password. Enter your Admin user password and press Return.
5. Quit System Preferences.

Tismey,

Thanks for the workaround using the terminal. I've been trying everything to get the UK time zone to work. Entourage was giving me fits with my calendar because of the bad time zone settings.

Kellmeister

Back