Lotus Notes 5.0.8 in Classic

laguila

http://www.5th-Sun.com/
I just started working with Lotus Notes (I have to use version 5.0.8). When I run it directly in OS 9 I have no problems, Notes works great.

When I run the exact same version in Classic (under 10.1.5 connecting to the Internet through Sympatico DSL in Canada), I can open any document I have permissions to, but I can't save any (that means not being able to add any calendar items or sending mail too).

Is anyone else having this problem. Is there a solution?

(I'm posting in this forum because this only happens under Classic in OS X)

There is a forum for Classic issues.

However. The problem may lie in what control panels are being loaded in Classic. Check this first in you Classic Preferences Panel. If this does nothing your screwed. From what I understand, if the item works in OS9 but not under Classic and they have the same preferences, the app will just not work in classic.

However, if this is an option, it seems I came across a blip referencing an OSX version of Notes coming soon or already here. You may want to switch if you can.

Good Luck.
SA:)

Running Notes 6.0 Preview 2 (on 5.x server) without problem !
I now have drag and drop attachment and i will not go back to 5.x

With that, no more Classic on my machine...

I tried launching Classic with only base OS 9.2.2 extensions and control panels plus the Lotus ones and I still had the same problem.

Unfortunately, I can't use the next version of the Lotus Notes because they've dropped the Mac version of Lotus Designer which is what I use most.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to re-boot when I need to use Lotus.

Thanks for the help.

Back