Love the Mac in a Windows world

keithp

Registered
I first have to say I found this site about a week ago I have never found so much information and help in my many years of computer experience.

That said, I moved to Mac about 2 years ago. I was a windows geek, the family windows fix it guy. The first 6 months I hated this thing. I could not burn disk, load programs or load printers. I also hated the fact that I would need to purchase hundreds of $$ worth of software to do the things I really wanted to do.

Then I found Macworld with open source programming and bought an idiots guide to MAC. A few minor investments in add on software and I would never go back to windows. I would never download a free software into a windows machine, it's just plain stupid. I now routinely crash my work computer because I have Mac A.D.D. and use 20 windows at once.

I do have to say I still need windows for work. I have a windows machine hooked up to my network and I use Remote Desktop to control it when needed. I do not even turn on the monitor. It also makes for a great external hard drive to backup pictures (all I run on it is MS office and my call center programs). I have to say I come across very few Windows formats I could not covert to Mac and vise versa.

The one thing you have to remember is that you have to learn how to use your Mac and understand things are different, but much, much better then windows.

By the way no one calls me for computer help any more, I am completely lost with any windows problems. Mostly because I never have Mac problems.

I now call myself a "Mac Head"

Back