M$ keeps copying Apple's GUI.

chemistry_geek

Registered
Check out this picture I just obtained. It shows some lovely similarities b/w Apple's and M$'s GUI's, at least on the web. Notice the "Sign-in" and "Go" buttons. Except for a pink to purple color transition, they look like Aqua buttons. How original and innovative!

Attachments

• msn.jpg
    msn.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 52
1st - i am ashamed that you are a member of msn community.:(

2nd - the entire concept of windows was stolen from apple a couple of decades ago. it has never stopped. sad part is that people still don't know about it and think that this is news.

3rd - now you know, so stop supporting thieves and quit using as many m$ products as possible - starting with the browser and eventually working your way thru all those programs you paid for:)

Ed:

I'm not a member of the MSN community and I never will be. As far as I'm concerned, DEATH TO MICROSOFT! I briefly considered downloading MSN Messenger so I can talk to my cousin online. She is technically illiterate and couldn't download a program and install it to save her life. Her husband is equally bright - they are not computer people. I tried so hard, preaching the gospel of Apple, but my suggestions fell on deaf ears. All I heard was that "it wasn't compatible according to the sales people at BestBuy". Blah blah blah....

whew, that's a relief to know! now i can stop worrying about your soul:D

it's just that your link took me to an msn page with no pics and a log in box. scared me good as you might imagine:p

sorry to hear your family has some defective genes. mine does too alas. of course salespeople will always know more than you or i. they're experts after all. (not sure whether to insert laughing or crying smilie here)

lol :p
I have MSN messenger -- have it to talk to my colleagues and a few friend that have not seen the light of yahoo and ICQ :p

M$ copying apple is old news... I think we (as the apple community) need to adverize more before M$ can claim they have something new and revolutionary :p

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
lol :p
I have MSN messenger -- have it to talk to my colleagues and a few friend that have not seen the light of yahoo and ICQ :p

IRC baby... all the way. Actually, lately, I've been running irc, yahoo and aim all via gaim, wich I run remotely (curtasy of a rootless x server...) from a linux (soon to be bsd) box.

As for sales people.... let me tell you this:
Four years ago, I decided to buy a pc and run linux on it. I went to Circuit City with some friends, and they wanted to see me out-smart the sales clerk.
;-)
So, I explained that I wanted a pc for linux, and I asked him if they had any good deals going. He didn't know what linux was, but he showed me their latest $600 compaq. But it wasn't intel. It was an AMD. So of course, I had to ask "So, is this x86 compatable?"
and he had absolutely no idea. Even though it was running windows me.

Well, I thought it was funny anyway...

Ha ha ha :p
Those guys know nothing.
I went to my local circuit city to see if the iPaq 3870 models were in and they said no (they hadnt even heard of them :p) -- they tried to sell me other models but I ended up explaining to them what was different in each model lol.

I use IRC, but only for downloading music videos. When it comes to chatting on it...my friends are computer illiterati, when I ask them what server and what channel they have this blank stare on their face :p

Admiral

AdmiralAK:

Where can I find a REALLY good IRC client? I've never realyl gotten IRC to work when I had LinuxPPC 2000 installed on my G3, perhaps I didn't take enough time to learn how to use it. You can download with it?

Originally posted by chemistry_geek
AdmiralAK:

Where can I find a REALLY good IRC client? I've never realyl gotten IRC to work when I had LinuxPPC 2000 installed on my G3, perhaps I didn't take enough time to learn how to use it. You can download with it?

My favorite IRC client is Snak, a shareware OS 9 and OS X IRC client written by Kent Sorensens. It has a wonderful interface, is a breeze to set up, makes downloading from DCC shares a piece of cake, and has many other features that make it the best graphical client around.

You can download a trial version from Kent's webpage, http://www.snak.com

then join up with us at #macfilez on NewNet.

FaRuvius

I use-
IRC, ICQ, MSN messanger (shame on me and may my evil soul be damned to hell for being persuaded by comp-illit. friends to click that forsaken m$ (AQUA COPIED) "download" button and fouling myself), and Hotline (www.bigredh.com).

Reviews-
IRC is wierd and I can never find anyone on it, ICQ is wierd cuz i dont know anyone and i feel awkward just adding someone i don't know to my contact list, MSN messenger is... *GULP* O..... K..... (eeeek gag cough choke -but it really isn't that bad) and hotline is full of spammers and perverts...

*Sigh* Maybe one day there'll be a perfect chat client...

** siq tied up to a chair **
** admiral rolling up sleeves mafia style **
** hard slap echoes in the room, admiral hits siq across the face **

>> mafia voice <<
Whatcha say boy ? You think that MSN messenger is (sarcatsic face) "OK" (/end sacrastic face) ??? YOu dont know notin! **another hard slap**
>> end mafia voice <<

lol, sorry guys I just watched "analyze this" and could not resist he he he :)

well my thoughts
IRC -- good for downloads, but for chatting, you need experienced friends and colleagues, cause if you dont, it's like telling someone "meet me in NYC"... I mean someone could be under the statue of liberty and the other one at Juliani's office.

Yahoo -- Great all purpose messenger

MSN mess -- good for communicating with non-knowing windoze friends

ICQ -- Its nice if you already know people. I have "authorization on" so people cant add me if I dont authorize them. Some girl from spain tried to add me to her list today. She was nice looking so I wouldnt object but she did not tell me something about herself :p (I had to do all teh digging lol)

Odigo -- good messenger if you want to know who else is on the same site as you are (ask questions, make comments and such)

AOL mess -- havent used it in AGES. Mostly old HS friends on there.

Admiral

I'd like to publically apologise for using IE, MSN and OE. Netscape is truley crap IE 5.1 isnt that bad, it's only crashed once since boxing day, and handles javascript, all my friends use MSN so i have to use it, OE has all my e-mail on it, im slowly switching to mail.

I am happy to say that these are the only applications that freeze, i dont remember the last time it was a different one.

well, it's going to take more than a public apology to get you off the hook this time mister. 20, no 40 lashes and a month of downtime!!!:D

seriously, glad you've seen the light. not much you can do about your friends although i know i have seen some third party osx messenger programs that work with msn so you at least don't have to use their software. try www.versiontracker.com or www.macupdate.com

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
well, it's going to take more than a public apology to get you off the hook this time mister. 20, no 40 lashes and a month of downtime!!!:D

seriously, glad you've seen the light. not much you can do about your friends although i know i have seen some third party osx messenger programs that work with msn so you at least don't have to use their software. try www.versiontracker.com or www.macupdate.com
after a painful evening (luckily some woman offered to do the lashing for £50 ???:D) i can now reply, i am in danger of losing my friends if i dont stop pasting buy an iMac everywhere, on the good side one of my new friends from college is saving for an iBook, as is my lecturer, so at least i am having some effect.

you're not supposed to enjoy your punishment:p

it's great you are getting thru to some people. you should post tips on how to do it in general discussion forum!!!

ok, i guess we'll let you off the hook and make you a full citizen again:D

Back