.m2v directly into Toast?

elmerlang

Registered
Hello Everyone Who Ever Logged On Here,

My first time, with a couple questions.

Can I take an m2v file, drop it on Toast (5) and burn a DVD? Or use disk utilities and create a .dmg file? Import into iDVD and burn?

I have an hour-long doc. I exported the m2v from FCP 5. I'm using a 1.25ghz G4.

The reason I'm using Toast is because my iDVD3 keeps stopping at the same place when encoding/burning a regular self-contained movie from FCP! I tried a different movie and same thing, though not same place.

I also tried DVD SP 2, but after 7 hours of build and format of the self-contained movie it had completed 38%!

I'm thinking of trying again SP with the m2v and making a fiile in a.pack but want to know my options.

merci, graci, thanky,
elmer lang

No what is going on here is that your file has been encoded in the worng file type for DVDs. So whats going on is it is try to reencode your movie file as a Mpeg 2 file and then brake it in to packets of data that any DVD software or hardware can read and play back. So it will take a looooooooooogggggg time for this to happen even on a iMac G5 or a powermac G5. So what I say to do to speed this up is to take the sorce file(s) and encode them as a Mpeg 2 file with a DVD set as the sorce that you are wanting to encode for. I know it's a pian in the but, but it will help move things along. The same thing happens when I get movies off the web that has been encoded in Divx or Xvid there both Mpeg 4 file formats so, if I where to put them right in to Toast 6 or 7. Toast would have to reencode my files before they could be bruned. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure if it can be done directly into Toast, but through DVDSP2 it will take a very long time. I suggest leaving it to Build & Format overnight.

Thanks all!

What I did was take the m2v and an A.pack of the audio into SP, hit build and format creating a .img which took minutes and then burnt the .img using disk utilities, again in minutes.

thanks again for advice,
elmer

Back