mac 10.3.9 to 10.4(up) on ibook G4

ibyte2

i have an ibook G4 running mac 10.3.9. i recently got an ipod touch 2G but my itunes need to be updated to itunes 8 which i can't do bec. my current mac os x needs to be updated/graded to 10.4.xx. my ipod classic & my kids' ipod nano work ok. i like the ipod touch but if i can't make it to work w/ my current setup, i might have to return it. is there a way to make this work without incurring any more expenses?

thank you.

That depends; What exact modell do you have? For some iBooks there were install-discs with 10.4 on it that will run on this G4 iBook.
To find out I have to know the exact Modell-Identifier (Machine-ID) of your iBook. Look under "About this Mac / More Info / Hardware / Modell-Identifier"
Otherwise yoy will have to buy the retailversion (Black disc) of Tiger 10.4

If anybody wants to know what discsets will run on their Mac; just let me know your Mac Model-Identifier. If You can't find it: Start a programm called "Terminal" (in the Utilities-folder) and type: sysctl hw.model
Then confirm this command witht pressing the "enter"-key.
Now Terminal finds your Model-Identifier or "Gestalt-ID". That exact name is the only thing the Installer looks for to determine if a set can be installed on Your Mac.
Greetings from The Netherlands:
macfan55 at g m a i l dot c o m

Back