Mac #2 desktop, for how long ?

Here's an article that is both right, wrong and ignorant.

http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/20535.html

As far as desktops go, linux is not for everybody but the mac should be.

I don't think non-it people could work with linux. I could, but i'm an engineer. I couldn't imagine my HR or other departments using linux, but macs are made for everybody. But I do agree if prices were more competitive, apple would have a much bigger market share. I wouldn't want apple to keep thinking that they are the mercedes of computers and be happy with a 5% share (less in fact).

I think that Macs aren't for everybody. They're for the fashionable perfectionalists.

I hate my mac right now, it's a piece of crap which apple assembled unproperly. But yet i love it, i couldn't stand to have a boring grey computer with dull windows on it. That just wouldn't fullfill my needs (not to mention the amount of restarting i'd have to do). Anyway...

Interesting article.

Originally posted by Trip
I think that Macs aren't for everybody. They're for the fashionable perfectionalists.

I hate my mac right now, it's a piece of crap which apple assembled unproperly. But yet i love it, i couldn't stand to have a boring grey computer with dull windows on it. That just wouldn't fullfill my needs (not to mention the amount of restarting i'd have to do). Anyway...

Interesting article.

Ooho, be glad you don't have a Gigabit Ethernet PBG4, that's lousy quality :eek: :)

I'm thankful for my mac, really i am, but i mean c'mon: the left shift key has stopped working, every-so-often the left side of the keyboard stops working, it goes so slow it seems like it only has 28 MB of memory, and most of all it freezes at least 100 times a day!

But it is better than anything else out there. To me the mac is the #1 desktop. FOREVER!

Originally posted by Trip
I'm thankful for my mac, really i am, but i mean c'mon: the left shift key has stopped working, every-so-often the left side of the keyboard stops working, it goes so slow it seems like it only has 28 MB of memory, and most of all it freezes at least 100 times a day!

But it is better than anything else out there. To me the mac is the #1 desktop. FOREVER!

Sounds abnormal. If it's still under warranty, contact Apple :)
The freezing problems are probably software. You've tried fsck -y in single user mode?
If that doesn't fix it, try resinstalling OS X. Mac OS X installations tend to get currupted over time, at least for me...

Sounds like you should get it fixed!?!? My system runs smooth as a silk, and I've had it for 2 years now.

If my Mac frooze 100 times a day, I certainly wouldn't be saying it was the #1 desktop!!! You should get it fixed!!

Back