.Mac and Secure Server Problems

NornIronAndymac

Registered
I am having some strange problems with both my .mac account and accessing some secure shopping sites using Safari.

My email starting having problems conecting to the .mac server a couple of days ago and when i tried to log into .mac through the Apple website from the same iMac, the connnection always timedout due to server stopped responding. I then tried accessing a few other sites using a log in like Apple's own webshop and education store and also amazon.co.uk. All returned the same time out error.

When i go into the .mac settings in system preferences, I get an error saying that "Unable to log in to the .Mac synchronisation server".

Deleting the .mac account from the preferences in Mail and readding it gave an error of ".mac mail server is not responding. Check your network connection"

I am not sure if I have two seperate problems here or if they are part of the same thing. Dotmacsupport has so far asked me to check if i can change my password but when i click on the Forgot password on the .Mac log in page... I get the server stopped responding message too.

I have tried emptying caches and deleting preferences files... i even tried repairing permissons but nothing. Even creating a brand new user account on this mac i get the same problem logging into .mac and amazon etc.

Has anyone any ideas?

I seem to have isolated the problem to intermittent drops in service from my broadband supplier as the fault recified itself today after "apparently" two days of disruption with my current supplier

It's never Apple!

Back