.Mac Down

Powermaster

Site Supporter
As of 11:44 EST all .Mac services are down... I can not get into my idisk, e-mail backup or even the .mac web site (http://www.mac.com) I get the following error from mac.com

Server Error

The following error occurred:

Could not connect to the server
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

E-mail, backup, and idisk say wrong pass or login...

The thing that upsets me is that I paid for this service and this is the second time this happened. (This happened last week also.)

hmm. well i'm glad i didn't pay 100 bucks per year for email that can be found for free and unnecessary virus and backup software..

Originally posted by Dime5150
hmm. well i'm glad i didn't pay 100 bucks per year for email that can be found for free and unnecessary virus and backup software..

Last night and this morning it's working a little slower than usual but it is working.

I'm curious, where can you get free IMAP and POP email with both client and browser access.

iCal publishing on .Mac is quite nice. You should try it.

Originally posted by neutrino23

I'm curious, where can you get free IMAP and POP email with both client and browser access.

iCal publishing on .Mac is quite nice. You should try it.

Actually most if not all ISPs in the US offer serveral (mine six) free POP3 and web based email accounts with ample (mine 20MB per account) web space.

iCal on .Mac is nice but free (http://www.icalx.com/) alternatives exist.

Honestly, I can't see paying $100 for most everything I already get for free but to each their own.

My major gripe with .Mac is that when I tried it, it was terribly slow (webmail, iDisk on broadband) and now according to paying customers, not always accessable.

I'm sure though 2,000 users really puts a strain on their servers, so please, try to be understanding. :rolleyes:

Maybe a lot of people are just getting around to switching (excuse the pun :D ) from iTools. I was just trying to send a mass email to all my people from my @mac email address, but I couldn't get on. My iDisk was exceptionally slow, but it worked for me. Probably last minute ditchers realizing they have some emails or whatever they want to save.

I just got an email from Apple. Here's the first paragraph…
Dear iTools member,

In response to many last minute requests, we've extended the opportunity to join .Mac at the special US$49.95 iTools member price to October 14, 2002. Your Mac.com Email account, HomePage address, and iDisk will remain active and accessible until then, so you still have time to retrieve any files and data you have there, and to notify correspondents to stop using your Mac.com Email address before mail sent to it starts bouncing. For more information on preserving your data, read the .Mac FAQ.

Typical. Did anyone else not see this coming? The clever marketing ploy. When you think its going to be gone your ready for it to be done and they say "WAIT! WE ARE EXTENDING IT SO YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE!". This is so typical.

Well sorry Apple. I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid this time ;)

Originally posted by Dime5150
Typical. Did anyone else not see this coming? The clever marketing ploy. When you think its going to be gone your ready for it to be done and they say "WAIT! WE ARE EXTENDING IT SO YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE!". This is so typical.

Well sorry Apple. I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid this time ;)

Yeah....to the uninformed, that message is a little suspicious. *l*

*Voice of Al bundy* Tang don't smoke....:D

Egh....but whatcha gonna do? i have no complaints about my .mac account. hehe

Back