.Mac Email only

Viro

Registered
I'm interested in getting a .Mac email only. After looking at this page, I'm a little confused. Go to http://www.mac.com/1/iTour/index.html and look at the pricing for other countries (its on the right next to the Join Now image).

How much do you pay for email only? It says annual price - full subscription required but then lists the price as £7.50. So does that mean I have to pay the annual subscription of $68 ($99) and £7.50 on top of it?

You have to have the full mac.com subscription to have a mac.com email account, you can also purchase additional email addresses.

You have to pay the basic package first ($99) to be a member, it includes one email address.

If you want a second (separate) .mac email account, you will add the extra ($10).

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Looks mighty pricy to me if all I want is an email address.

But you'll be getting much more than an email address, whether you want it or not. There are plenty of other servers that offer email only for very little money, but .mac is more than email, so if you want only email, then .mac is the wrong choice for you.

If you want tight integration and have multiple Macintosh computers in multiple locations, then .mac is right for you -- you can use Backup and iSync to keep all your computers synchronized, plus you can access your Address Book anywhere via webmail.

Apple doesn't offer these services separate from each other -- they're $99 for all, or nothing.

Back