Mac Genius recommends MacOSX.com!!!!!

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
So I went down to the Apple Store today to ask a question of the Mac Geniuses there (which by the way they were stumped on -- PLEASE see this thread: http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13705 ).

Anyway, in reference to my problem, the guy asked if I had posted on the Apple discussion boards. I had not, so he recommended that I post there. Then he said that there was another good place that I could get information on Mac OS X. I thought to myself, "Haha that would be funny if he said MacOSX.com". Then he says, "MacOSX.com". :D

Now how's THAT for a recommendation? An Official Apple Mac Genius (as opposed to my unofficial status) recommends this forum on where to get help! :) That's awesome. And I have to say that he's right in recommending it. Everyone is awesome in helping, here.

Besides that awesome recommendation, there were some other observations I made in the Apple store. One: they had a "Everything is Easier on a Mac" sign near the door that goes backstage and which is near the "Etc" section. They also do have the "Here's to the crazy ones" poem near the Mac Genius bar. I hope they keep that.

And specifically about the iMac -- in the window, they were obviously showing off the iMac, but they had about 3 hologram posters surrounding the iMac on a spinning table that when you walked by it looked like the iMac was moving its screen up and down. :) Oh, and I have to mention: those iMacs are MUCH better for display purposes. Because I'm kind of tall, most of the computers are too low for me since I'm standing instead of sitting. But with the new iMacs, I can point the screen up to me, so I can stand up straight with the screen pointing straight at me. That screen is just awesome. :)

But the main event was definitely that the Mac Genius recommended MacOSX.com . :)

woohoo hey know we exist ;-)

Hey steve if you are reading this send me an email :p
I;ve got newton ideas :D hehehe ;)

We should start a petition that requests steve jobs to come say "Hi." Thats it. Thats all I want. That way, in 20 years I can show him that he had taked to me before I was ever his boss.

wow hey that rocks!

I think I asked once if the dude had heard of macosx.com, and he said he thought he had. But we were RECOMENDED?!?!? SWEEEEET!

And this is probably only the beginning.

Saying you belong to this place might be a good way to earn some credibility, and mabey even get a job there. I wish...:D

Are these guys really geniuses? (Whatever the plural of genius is?) I haven't been to an Apple store but I've been to plenty of Comp USAs and the guys that work there are far from Einstein.

I would guess that apple stores have better staff than Comp USA but I really doubt somebody working in retail has a Comp Sci PhD.

What are they like?

Vanguard

I believe that all Mac Geniuses must have Mac OS X and Classic Mac OS certification (or whatever the certification titles are), and I also think I remember hearing that Mac Genius jobs are full-time jobs.

They seem to be knowledgeable, except for in AppleScript Studio. :p

Originally posted by Matrix Agent
We should start a petition that requests steve jobs to come say "Hi." Thats it. Thats all I want. That way, in 20 years I can show him that he had taked to me before I was ever his boss.
Hi!

I work for no one. :D

Back