Mac Halo released December 3

Most likely to get more optimizations in before MacSoft ships the game off to Microsoft for approvals.

Let's hope they get it right.

I played Halo for PC at Nexus recently (and I plan to return there tonight for the same purpose :)), and I really liked it. It was much better with a mouse and keyboard than a gamepad, and it looked quite good.

Frankly, I'm not sure what everybody was whining about; if the Mac version is as good as the PC version, we'll have a very cool game.

Arden said:
Let's hope they get it right.

I played Halo for PC at Nexus recently (and I plan to return there tonight for the same purpose :)), and I really liked it. It was much better with a mouse and keyboard than a gamepad, and it looked quite good.

Frankly, I'm not sure what everybody was whining about; if the Mac version is as good as the PC version, we'll have a very cool game.

I think performance is what everyone is worried about, after hearing the issues with the PC port. However since ours is the only one running in OpenGL, we can't say if we'll have those same problems, so its a 'wait and see', issue.

Well the PC version performs pretty well, and I've been playing it quite a bit... I'm currently fighting the Flood, which are quite annoying (as anyone who's played Halo will tell you). It's slightly jumpy, but it's not bad and it's really hardly noticeable.

Yay, now I can not meet the system requirements with my iMac! :D I wonder if my dad will let me play it on his G4...

It makes you wonder, though, what if this actually had been released 3 years ago when it was supposed to be? What would the system requirements have been back then? Would my iMac be just enough, or would it be pushing the envelope like Quake 3 did? Would it look as good? Would it play as well? Who knows...

I really want to see how this game will run on my iBook G4, i really wasnt planning to play any games on it, then i tried quake 3 and it ran incredibly smooth on it and i was like hmmm. My dream would be to show up at a LAN with my iBook and game with all the PC users. I can just imagine the looks on peoples faces.

It's out in the us. The earliest way to get will probably be to order it via Amazon.co.uk. It's listet there to be available tomorrow.

Back