Mac -> iPod Touch -> PC and Vice Versa

chemistry_geek

Registered
I recently purchased a MacMini because my PowerMac G5 w/ duel G5s died - CPU1 works half the time. I successfully transferred EVERYTHING from the G5 to the MacMini. Also purchased a used corporate IBM ThinkPad T40 with Windows XP Professional. This ThinkPad is also registered to my iTunes account. It would be great if I could synchronize with both computers.

What I want to know is, can I synchronize my contacts and calendars between Mac and PC through an iPod Touch/iPhone? I recall reading somewhere that the iPod Touch/iPhone runs a scaled-down version of Mac OS X, so I would expect it to use HFS and work with both. When I plugin my iPod Touch to the IBM ThinkPad, it recognizes it as an Apple iPod and asks me if I want to download the pictures on it. I have hfsExplorer, a free Java iPod explorer and it claims the the iPod Touch uses a non-standard HFS file system.

I really like Air Sharing for the iPod Touch - great way to share files anywhere in the world. Wish Apple had built-in this feature since all the other disk-based iPods had that option.

Any suggestions?

Nope. The iPod is client to one computer regarding contacts and calendar. The MobileMe service solves the problem, though. Then each client (Mac, PC, iPod) has equal rights.

Back