.Mac & Keychain Problems

death2windoze

Registered
I'm having terrible problems with Keychains which is causing very erratic behaviour, especially in .Mac and Mail.

I accidentally deleted my Login Keychain by selecting the wrong type of delete whislt trying to fix an appleshare login problem. Luckily I had them backed up but ever since I am being asked for passwords that are stored within Keychain. It seems that Keychain will not allow me to save any new passwords.

This seems to cause a problem with .Mac as although it validates the password, when I try syncing I get the message:

Unable to access your .Mac user name or password. Please verify your .Mac member name and password in the .Mac preferences in System Preferences.

I have tried Permission repairs, Keychain first aid and a number of restarts with no change. its becoming very frustrating remembering and entering the passwords everytime I want to access something.

After a lot of searching I was advised to delete the 'login' keychain within my home library and the Keychain Access .plist. This I did and it was working again until I synced with .Mac where it lost all of the keytchains. I figured that one of the sync files must be corrupt so reset .Mac, selected delete information on server and re-synced but I still lose all of my keychains whenever .Mac syncs.

Any ideas?

Back