mac lotus webmail - nightmare

Mike6912

Registered
Hi guys,
need your help.
We use Lotus Domino in the company and if I access via webmail and safari it works but very limited and the graphic is a nightmare, but most important not everything works.

If I use firefox, great graphics and all the functions are on screen the only thing as soon as i click on the inbox or any other button I get this msg

"Domino Web Access Warning. Sorry, we were unable to process your request at this time. If you are unable to continue working in your mail file, please dismiss this warning and then select View, Refresh from your browser's menu."

What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance

Best Mike

I'm having a browse through Lotus' internal database (which I'm lucky enough to have access to) and there are a lot of things that can cause this error. Here is one example:

Problem
A customer is using IBM Lotus Domino Web Access (iNotes Web Access) and sees one of two problems:

- The customer opens Domino Web Access (DWA) but does not see a list of his/her folders and/or views.

- The customer attempts to open Domino Web Access and the following error message appears:

"iNotes Warning. Sorry, we were unable to process your request at this time. If you are unable to continue working in your mail file, please dismiss this warning and then select View, Refresh from your browser's menu."

The customer cannot see their Welcome page, and the database opens directly to the Inbox even though it has not been configured to do so.

Solution
This behavior occurs if the mail file name contains an apostrophe. For example: pparker's.nsf

This issue was reported to Quality Engineering as SPR# RHAN67RNBV, and has been addressed in Domino Web Access 6.0.5 and 6.5.4.

Excerpt from the Lotus Notes and Domino Release 6.0.5 / 6.5.4 MR fix list (available at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus):
Mail
SPR#RHAN67RNBV - When a user's mailfile file name contains an apostrophe, the user can open their mailfile but does not see the frameset that shows their folders and views. A workaround would be to remove the apostrophe or to use the Webmail interface. This problem has been fixed in 6.0.5 and 6.5.4.

The workaround at this time is to remove the apostrophe from the mail file name. Another option is to access the mail file via the WebMail interface rather than the DWA interface.

Let me know if you're still having trouble, hopefully we can track it down.

Thank alot for your answer, but no apostrophe in my .nsf

With Safari i do have accesss and i can send receive mail but most functions do not work, firefox,IE, camino it appears like on a pc but nothing works and i get the famous text line.

Thank for you help.

Best Mike

Hi Mike,
I have been trying to get access to my company mail using Safari, but after entering my user name and password Safari or Firefox can't find the server.
Do you use any special settings?

Back