Mac Mail - corrupt?

prinny

Registered
Hi all, have read the threads and it sure seems like someone here will know the answer to my hair-tearing question!

Im using my (formerly) beloved Mac Mini Mac OSX 10.4.11 I have been using, very happily, the Mac Mail email program. I have a lot of subfolders (from an old account) and yes it is pretty sizeable. However, this morning my sent file totally emptied. There's nothing since about Dec 24th on my webmail (I do NOT have a mac.com account).

I have tried reinstalling. I have tried removing then reinstalling Mail. I have tried the mail fix that requires removing the mail.plist and then opening terminal and writing "$sqlite3 ~/Library/Mail/Envelope\ Index vacuum index;"

That change forced a new folder called, "delivered" into my mailbox list but STILL shows the sent box as empty and when I try to send something (the mail DOES send) but I can not find the sent mail anywhere. When I try to force the sent file to accept something (by drag & drop) I get this message "Error destination mailbox does not exist".

This is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone, pleeeeeeease help!!!

Thanks.

Prinny x

Have you tried the rebuild command from the mail menu under Mailbox?
Also, check your mail preferences-accounts-advanced to see the settings you have for sent mail.
Hope this helps...

Yes, the "rebuild" is 'greyed out' on the sent file. It's not an option. None of my other smtp settings have changed. This literally happened while I was using it.

SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating!!!!!!!!

What else can I try?

Thanks!

Prinny x

Pull out the bundles in your Mail bundles folder and see if it solves the problem.

User/Library/Mail/Bundles

One of the bundles or "addons' may have became corrupted.

I do not have this folder. I can see MessageRules/plist etc, but nothing labeled bundles.

Prinn x

I do not have this folder. I can see MessageRules/plist etc, but nothing labeled bundles.

Prinn x

User = name of the account you are logged on to.
The library/ mail/bundles is the library for the logged on user.

Back