Mac Mini OSX 10.5.6 and a Belkin G+ MIMO

Mikrogen

Registered
Hello,

I purchased a new Mac Mini(2ghz) direct from Apple recently and have found the wireless connection using AirPort to be pretty bad to say the least. I am on a 20meg UK Virgin Media connection but with AirPort I can only seem to reach around 2meg.

Before the Mac Mini I had a PC that used a Belkin G+ MIMO USB wireless adapter and with this setup I was getting more like 15meg. So I thought I would try using the G+ MIMO with the Mac. After installing the MIMO, latest Mac Belkin software and configuring network details everything works fine, getting about the same as the PC setup, around 15meg, however a few hours later the connection dies and if I try to reconnect using the Belkin software it gives me the error "The application Belkin Wireless USB quit unexpectedly". Rebooting doesn't help, uninstalling then re-installing doesn't make any difference, I still get the same crash error if I try to connect. At this point if I check Network preferences the G MIMO has given itself a 169 IP.

However, if I uninstall then reinstall and plug the G MIMO into one of the other USB ports it works ok for a few hours. Then the same thing happens all over again with the crash error "The application Belkin Wireless USB quit unexpectedly".

Me being a Mac noob i haven't a clue why this could be happening. Can anyone offer some advice please?

Last edited:
Back