Mac Mini Problems

XsuperflyX

Registered
So I am trying to fix my sisters Mac, I am relatively new to macs so go easy on me.

I came home and my bro already tried to fix it, the first OS disc is in the drive currently and I really don't know what caused the issues or which version it is, the other disc does say version 1.0.

So when I started it the first time it was stuck at the blue screen with the "starting mac OS X" window, then I reset the PRAM, both ways, and the only difference was that the fan turned up in speed, not sure if it was because of the PRAM or the reboots.

Then I tired to boot in safe mode and it stayed at the gray screen with the apple and spinning wheel.

I have no idea what the issue is, if it a hard ware issue I think i could figure out how to replace most parts.

Thanks and 100 internet points for who ever can help me.

Are you trying to start from the install disc?

Try holding down the C key as you start up, this should startup from the disc.

What version of MacOSX are you trying to install? Are you using the grey discs that came with the Mac Mini?

Loads of thanks to you both, and to the forum for existing! You just saved me an expensive visit to the repair shop, i was just to give up but found you through google.
Excuse me if I don't contribute on the matter of facts, but I'm so grateful for your "press c" advise. Hm, not super-intuitive to me.

Back