Mac Not Reading Blank Disks

gpmarketing

Registered
I have a G4 Power Mac and just upgraded to Tiger OSX vs.10.4 about 2 weeks ago. I just tried to burn a file for someone off of a floppy disk, and my cd drive will not read the blank cd. I tried to load other cds that already had data/music on them, and those were fine. It's just the blank cds. I tried a few different cds just to make sure that it wasn't the cd. Any other thoughts?

The first thing to look at if you haven't already is System Preferences. On the Apple menu, select System Preferences. Then click CDs & DVDs. Here you can control happens when, for example, you insert a blank CD or DVD.

Set it to open Finder when a blank CD or DVD is entered. Let us know if you need more help.

Doug

gpmarketing said:
I have a G4 Power Mac and just upgraded to Tiger OSX vs.10.4 about 2 weeks ago. I just tried to burn a file for someone off of a floppy disk, and my cd drive will not read the blank cd. I tried to load other cds that already had data/music on them, and those were fine. It's just the blank cds. I tried a few different cds just to make sure that it wasn't the cd. Any other thoughts?

did you recently install itunes 6? i also have the same problem, i am not sure what cause it or how to fix it, it used to work just fine..i dont know what i did wrong. HELP, anyone :(

Back