mac os 10.1.3 problem / please help

xtruthpath

Registered
hi, im a new user of mac os X, The system is very fine but i have just one problem. When i try to start file sharing the application crash before open but the rest of the system is ok so im not able to configure file sharing et start it.
With this mac im able to connect to the others mac but the other cannot connect on this one. The rest of the network are on mac os 9.2 and 10.1.2

Please someone help me and sorry about my poor english!
thanks in advance

First, you need to set up a user and password for each user you want to share with.
Also set up what folder or folders you wish to share with them.
Remember to do that, you need to be set up as the Administrator/owner of the computer. If you do not have the ability, you need to call an Administrator or IT person.

Once that is done, you then can turn on Sharing. In the Computer Name, type in the name of your computer is there is not one there already. Make sure it is different from the other Macs in the network.
Make sure you have it set to enable file sharing clients to connect over TCP/IP. Then make sure your computer is set to use TCP/IP via Ethernet - that is if that is the way your network is set up.

Cheryl said:
First, you need to set up a user and password for each user you want to share with.
Also set up what folder or folders you wish to share with them.
Remember to do that, you need to be set up as the Administrator/owner of the computer. If you do not have the ability, you need to call an Administrator or IT person.

Once that is done, you then can turn on Sharing. In the Computer Name, type in the name of your computer is there is not one there already. Make sure it is different from the other Macs in the network.
Make sure you have it set to enable file sharing clients to connect over TCP/IP. Then make sure your computer is set to use TCP/IP via Ethernet - that is if that is the way your network is set up.

I know how to setup the network, the problem is : i dont have time to make the set up on the mac os 10.1.3 CPU, the file sharing application crash before the window open so i can't make the setup & i can't activate File sharing too. It's like a system problem.

My english suck!
THanks

Try this:
1) close System Preferences
2) Move the "com.apple.systempreferences.plist" file to your desktop
3) open System Preferences and try to enable file sharing

(if it works now, then just Trash the com.apple.systempreferences.plist file on your desktop. if not, then just move it back to ~/Library/Preferences)

i have tried this and that don't work? I don't have com.apple.systempreferences.plist file on my /librairy/preference on the home folder. The only thing i have seen is com.apple.systempreferences....3936.6f31c.plist on the /preference/byhost folder. i tried to put this file on the desktop but my filesharing crash anyway?? someone can help me....??? Thanks

Are you set as Admin User? You may need to run Disk Utility to repair permissions.

OS X 10.1.x doesn't have repair permissions in the Disk Utility, you have to download the Repair Privileges utility from Apple. HERE"S some INFO which also explains that your system must be running OS X 10.1.5

It's not so simple to troubleshoot and maintain the older OS X versions.

Ok i have downloaded the RP Utility and i used it on my mac HD, all troubles are supposed to be repair but i have the same problem, im now with os x.1.5

Time to use a disk Utility. Disk Warrior, Drive 10 or the OS CD. Insert the Cd, restart the computer, then immediately hold down the C key. The computer will start up using the CD. If you are using the OS CD, go to the Installer Menu when you see the Installer screen and select Disk utility.

Have it repair your drive. You may need to run it a couple of times to get the Drive appears Okay without it also saying Drive repaired.

Disk Warrior and Drive 10 are pretty easy to follow the prompts.

You need to update to at least 10.2 to make this work right. Better yet, upgrade to 10.3. 10.1 was not a very good system....

Back