Mac Os 10.3.4 Upgrade And Finder Not Responding

chetori

Registered
Hi,
I have upgraded to 10.3.4 from 10.2.8 and upon restart finder didn't respond. My desktop icons including the Hard drive icon disappeared. I can start application from the dock icons though.

I have seen some similar problems in your forum, but unfortunately none of the solutions work for me, since I don't have access to run anything like a startup CD or run utilities. I even downloaded the 10.3.8 combo (as per one of the solution provided for similar case) from another machine and burned a CD and tried to start it from my machine but it didn't even show the CD on desktop to begin with.

Your respond is greatly appreciated.

Based on ...

'I have upgraded to 10.3.4 from 10.2.8 and upon restart finder didn't respond ... My desktop icons including the Hard drive icon disappeared'

... you have to boot (your unknown model Mac) from either a MacOS X Panther Installation Disc, another Mac OS X 10.3.x installed volume [boot your Mac with the <option> key pressed, select the other boot-able volume, and then the '-->' button], or connect your Mac to another Mac - via 'Target' mode (connect the Macs with a Firewire cable, boot your Mac with the 'T' key pressed, then from the other Mac [also running 10.3.x]) - and run 'Disk Utility' (from the installation CD, other volume booted from, or - other Mac if in 'Target' mode), selecting 'Repair Disk' and then 'Repair Permissions'.
Should this fail, you may have to reinstall MacOS X 10.3, and then any respective update(s).

Back