Mac Os 10.3 On Wallstreet G3 Powerbook

ohmelas

Registered
Hello All,

I have an installation issue with my Wallstreet Powerbook. I can install 10.2.8 with no problems however, 10.3 won't install. Aside from the silly things--I'm confident I covered the bases here I'm getting feedback from the Mac Genius at my local Mac store saying that 10.3 won't install on the Wallstreet because its not FW/USB ready.

Given that, can anyone provide some feedback here on a patch or known issues confirming or denying that issue to install 10.3 on G3 Wallstreets? Please advise.

Sorry, Dude. 10.3 just installs on G3 macs with USB/Firewire. I didn't hear about any patch yet.. :(
When did you buy panther? Maybe you can give it back.

Thanks. I found some immediate resources while looking to solve this problem:

X Post Facto

XPostFacto is a utility which helps to install and boot Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, and Darwin on certain unsupported systems. All it requires is 3 extra clicks of your mouse! When Mac OS X installs successfully, its stability on unsupported systems appears to be excellent. However, there are cases in which Mac OS X is difficult to install, and there are a variety of problems you can run into. I guess the most recent update allows 10.3 to be installed

Sonnet PCI X Installer

Sonnet offers several innovative software solutions that enable you to install and use Mac OS X on many unsupported (pre-G3) machines, and optimize the performance of OS X on all processor-upgraded machines running it.

I've found some fine reading on the subject as well and hope that this adds to the database of knoledge here so that other users can benefit from it.

http://www.lowendmac.com/archive/02/0614.html
http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000366.html

Good luck. I'm going to try these today. It appears that they both have known issues. I'll report more.

Well, XPostFacto is your best bet as Sonnet X doesn't do 10.3 yet (AFAIK). XPostFacto does 10.3 on some systems, and apparently the Wallstreet will get 10.3 working using it, but I haven't tried it myself.

Back