Mac OS connectivity?

eidbest

Registered
Hello everyone. I recently installed Mac leopard OS on my PC. Everything went like a breeze if not near perfect. Leopard recognized all my drivers so no fuss here, indeed a beautiful OS to say the least. I soon after got to grips with the system and getting to enjoy it more and more.

However I am having a small problem. Though Mac OS has installed the drivers for my built-in Lan Card plus the external Ethernet card which is a THOMSON TG585 v7 ADSL router, my connection assistant keeps failing to connect telling me that because I have a fixed IP, then I cannot connect. Now, I admit I am a novice in Mac OS but not on Windows OS. So what shall I do?

The PC system I am using is based on the Intel 945 GCNL Board, with a Core 2 Duo 2.4 CPU, 2 GB DDR2 667 MHZ Rams and Mac OS is installed on a separate Maxtor 80 GB HDD. Windows XP Pro SP3 sits in an altogether different HDD.

Please, can anyone help with some advice?

Cheers.

Well,

Truly sorry. I thought that I asked a simple benign question related to Mac issues as the site suggests , never thought of hacking or anything the like.

Anyway, I realize that I've landed on hostile territory and you're right, I'll ask elsewhere.

Thanks and goodbye.

Nothing hostile about what I've said. Those are the rules set in place by the forum admins. If it's against Apple's policy for OS X to be installed on stock PCs, then this forum will adhere to that. That said, I did mention that there are other sites that could help you with that and you can use Google to find them. But as far as this site is concerned, it's about Mac OS X assistance on genuine Apple Macs unless the mods deem otherwise.

If you don't want to play by the rules, then just don't play. Simple as that.

I told you from the very beginning that I was a novice, meaning I knew so little about the whole issue. Had you taken time to explain then I would have known.

Anyway thanks for your troubles, I get out of it a little better educated.

Cheers.

Back