mac os for g4 power pc

vasoula

Registered
so you guys wich mac os do you suggest for my power pc g4?

and another thing
do you know a place where i can download mac os?

Depending on the amount of Ram, you should be able to run Tiger. Mac OSX is not available for download, you will have to purchase a new retail version of Tiger, or cruise ebay for used older versions of OSX.
Tiger runs best with 512K of memory as a minimum. Older versions of OSX can run well with less.

Any version of OS X will work, the newer the better. Make sure you have a min of 512MB of memory, again, the more you can put in, the better OS X will run.

You can't downlaod OS X anywhere. You have to buy it.

Please don't ask abpout illegal downloads.

my mac is'nt a intel based mac

will it be able to run mac os x?
if so
wich would be an exact speficication for the os i have to buy?
link
or something

It doesn't have to be an Intel based Mac to run OS X. OS X has been around for about 6 years, so the PowerPC Macs can run them just fine (since that's what was in the Macs before the beginning of this year, which is when the Intels were introduced).

As for what the cutoff for the Macs are, check the system requirements for Mac OS X on Apple's website. Each version (10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4) has certain system requirements. As far as upgrading, every 10.x version is a major upgrade so it requires purchasing (For example, to upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4, you have to purchase 10.4). Every 10.x.y version is an upgrade for that particular "10.x" version (in other words, if you have 10.4.x, you can upgrade to the latest 10.4.7 version for free. If you have 10.3.x, you can upgrade to the latest 10.3.9 version).

Any G4 Macintosh will be able to meet the requirements to run Tiger. Just be sure to upgrade the RAM to as much as possible, especially if it's one of the first generation of G4 Macs.

link. like said, if it is an apple made g4, it will run all versions of os x that are out as of today. and powermac did make a slip, you want at least 512mb ram, not 512k. let us know what g4 model you have. there will be a little sticker on the back near the power supply that will list the factory stats of the mac.

Back