Mac OS X 10.1 5D15

I have just recently installed 5D15 and I am very upset to see no DVD support : ( I poped in a DVD and it came up as a DVD CD but no apple DVD player I am impressed with launching apps its very very fast IE takes me like 2 or 3 bounces but I am sad to say that X freezed on me while using a program : ( but is a first for me so I'm not too unhappy(besides some kernel crashing shit) and classic now works also better with apps cause theres an opentransport extension in it and some others it also launches better and the genie effect goes really fast whem minimizing now I like it I think theres some other small stuff but I can't think of it right now......oh yeah and my USB CD-RW doesn't work with it.....

Are you an Apple seeding member or where did you get the update from?
Maybe it is such an update for seeding members which does not include the DVD player, who knows.
May I ask what Mac you are using? I like to know if those performance boosts also happen on my "old" 500 Mhz Cube, and not only on those SOB Quicksilvers ;)

ulrik

Originally posted by benp
I have just recently installed 5D15 and I am very upset to see no DVD support : ( I poped in a DVD and it came up as a DVD CD but no apple DVD player...
The latest seed is 5f26. I think that's what they were using at Macworld NY. The highest build I've heard of is 5G2.

It's cool to see people pontificating on leaked builds of OS X 10.1, but remember, this is a leaked, unfinished work in progress. It wasn't meant to be seen by you, or anybody else who isn't an Apple Developer. Why would Apple bother including the DVD player in a build that was going to a developer? All the developer is primarily concerened with are the APIs and the underlying OS to check to see if their application will run/benefit from Apple's upgrades.

5D15 is being reported as being very very very buggy, and is already over a month old. Don't get too discouraged. 10.1 will rock in September when it's released.

Cheers,

http://www.macosxcentric.com

Back