Mac OS X 10.4.7 released.

"dashboardadvisoryd" is a new component of OS 10.4.7 which is used to "verify whether or not a Dashboard widget you downloaded is the same version as a widget featured on www.apple.com before installing it.

Yeah, doesn't explain why it tries to call home even without trying to download/install widgets.

I did the delta update now my MBP does not want to remember my WAP setting for Airprort card, I Might try repairing permissions and set it up again and see if that does it. Anyone have any good ideas wat is going on. I have saved my setting and locked network and when I turn my machine back on the paddlock is open and back to square one again.

hawki, it sounds like a corrupt pref file. you may have to delete the pref and see what happens. being i don't have airport, i can't tell you the name or location of the pref. maybe one of the others here can.

just for geewiz info, how did you find out that this thing was phoning home mikuro? you have something like zone alarm for the mac?

and nix, if you need any help with vista, let me know. i've been using it for over a week now. maybe we can have some discussions about it.

Finally, the ichat audio/video conversation problem with non ichat users has been fixed in this update.

If I attempted to connect to users with a Trillian client and engage a video/audio conversation I always got "insufficient bandwidth" messages, although no other program were transmiting or downloading at the same time. I know that I have more than enough bandwidth for simple audio conversations and all necessary ports were opened.

It works now. My friend (on a Windows PC) was able to see my isight video stream (without stuttering) and he heard me talk. Suprisingly I was able to see his video feed - although the quality wasn't that good - the reason is his cheap logitech webcam I presume.

Ifrit said:
Finally, the ichat audio/video conversation problem with non ichat users has been fixed in this update.

If I attempted to connect to users with a Trillian client and engage a video/audio conversation I always got "insufficient bandwidth" messages, although no other program were transmiting or downloading at the same time. I know that I have more than enough bandwidth for simple audio conversations and all necessary ports were opened.
I've been about to video conference between iChat and Trillian since 10.4.4.

These messages/errors are triggered by certain circumstances which are unknown to me. I know that not everyone gets those. The users most likley aren't to blame - I did everything I could on my end and my friend did the same on his. (opening ports, searching for background tasks wich are eating up bandwidth etc.) Audio conversations with Windows users were impossible for me since 10.4.0. (worked fine in 10.3, though) - and you need only a 56K modem for a 1-1 conversation, according to Apple. So I am glad this issue has been resolved and I can put my iSight to good use (besides chatting with the forumers here and other ichat users).

edit: My connection speed:

150KByte/s down
20KByte/s up

Hi all. I have just updated from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 and all seems good ... apart from the fact that now, occasionally, when I hit the keyboard to wake the mac from sleep it just hangs and then the fan goes insane! I have to switch off and on to get in. Has anyone else had this problem or know what the fix might be? It worked fine when it was at 10.4.6.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I am using an iMac G5.
Thanks.

Hi all. I have just updated from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 and all seems good ... apart from the fact that now, occasionally, when I hit the keyboard to wake the mac from sleep it just hangs and then the fan goes insane! I have to switch off and on to get in. Has anyone else had this problem or know what the fix might be? It worked fine when it was at 10.4.6.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I am using an iMac G5.
Thanks.
I haven't had this problem with 10.4.7, but I've had it on-and-off with previous versions of 10.4. I tracked down the problem to external devices. For example, if I turn off my external FireWire DVD±RW drive (without unhooking it), then this will happen. I

I can sometimes snap it awake by fiddling with my external devices as the fan whirs. If I turn on my DVD±RW and unplug/plug in my gamepad, it'll usually wake up.

I can sometimes snap it awake by fiddling with my external devices as the fan whirs. If I turn on my DVD±RW and unplug/plug in my gamepad, it'll usually wake up.

I also have a problem regarding external devices. But this time it is related to my Keyboard and its build in USB hub (+ connected Logitech mouse). Sometimes if I use my KVM switch, to switch to my second PC (which uses the same input devices and the same Apple Cinema display). If I try to switch back, sometimes I get a hard lockup (kernel panic in OSX). Doesn't happen if I connet the devices seperately.

Back