Mac OS X Leopard Not Booting Up!

mattnham

Registered
Hey,

I have mac osx 10.5 leopard. I shut my mac down to move upstairs, then when I went to boot up again it didnt start. So I got the leopard cd and hold "c" at start up and it still stays at the grey screen!

I remembred a few hours prior to shutting down Imoved some of the default os x applications into a sub folder in my applications folder ( isync, address book, capture, etc). But this doesnt seem like that could of caused it?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

There are certain folders that shouldn't be moved as it's key for them to be in their exact locations so that the operating system . System is one of them...Library is another.

Also, can you give us some more specifics on your actual Mac?

Thanks.

I didnt move anything key like that.. just some applications.

Macbook - bought around 20th Dec 2007. Leopard 10.5.4, 1.16 GHz, 120 GB hdd, 1gb ram.

and now after waiting for ages ive gotten a flashing folder and question mark. The osx disc doesnt boot up and resenting the PRam did nothing?

Cheers

Have you tried holding down the "D" key when you hear the startup chime after you inserted the installation disc? If you're able to boot it up from the installation disc, launch Disk Utility from the menu and then try and run a Repair Disk and then a Repair Permissions. See if that resolves some of the problems.

Back