Mac OS X Server 10.1.1 Issue

bdcorbin

Registered
I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone about something I found while upgrading our servers to 10.1.1.

This past week we started having issues with people saving work and it not showing up properly (like a temp file instead of the actual name they named it) , or their work would just not show up at all in their folder. The other thing we noticed was that people could go into their folder and open an already created document, make changes and then save those changes no problem. But if they tried to create a new document and then save it, a message would come back saying that the permissions for their folder on the server does not have the right permissions for them to make changes. So then of course they could not save anything new.

I tried multiple things. I checked permissions, changed permissions, reset permissions, etc., etc., etc. Nothing seemed to fix it. So I checked one last time on settings on the server, etc. While I was doing that, I noticed that the servers date and time was set wrong. I had noticed this a few times while upgrading the other servers. It was set right before the updates, but after the updates it gets all messed up. So I changed the date and time to be correct, and after that, it fixed all the issues with saving and files disappearing, etc.

So make sure that if you run the 10.1.1 updates on your servers, that you set the date and time back to the correct date and time after you run the updates. Otherwise you may start having problems like this. Hope that helps. Have a great day.

Brian

Back