Mac OS X Server 2.0 routing appletalk?

blugu

Registered
I know OS X Server 2.0 can server AppleTalk volumes, and can run MacManager and stuff like that, but can it route an AppleTalk network? Thanks in advance... blugu

In Mac OS X Server version 1.0 and 2.0 you can route appletalk. The only thing is that there is no graphical interface for doing it. You have to do it in the terminal. Now I could tell you all the commands and what to do but that would take forever. The easiest thing to do is to go to the terminal application and at the prompt type: man appletalk

That will bring up the built-in manual for the Appletalk Stack and how to route it. It's really not to hard to setup. I had to do it to 40 Mac OS X Servers last summer. I can do it in my sleep.

As for Mac OS X Server 10.0, you can not route Appletalk anymore. They removed it completely. Believe me I tried to make it work. But what I've been told by someone within Apple is that they are bringing back all appletalk services which includes routing in the 10.1 update coming out this September. So we shall see. Hope this helps.

Brian

Back