Mac OS X Server - Sharing problems

Stephan H

Registered
Hi everyone !

I'm having following big problem :
When I set a share point under OS X Server and assign a group to that share point, it doesn't work ! It did work in the beginning but now it don't. First I set up a share point and saved and closed the window, but when I opened "Show Disks & Share Points" instread of my group it was just saying "unknown" !

Somebody told me that it could be resolved using NetInfo Manager and the terminal but I'm new to OS X Server and don't know how that would be possible....

Please help !

Stephan

Dear Whoever,

I too have that problem, but just tonight I think that I resolved it. I have a 75GB external Firewire drive and I wanted it to be the share point for my users to use and I was having problems in creating a share point and acces privileges.

I searched the Apple support site for a solution and there is one. They were saying that is your share point is on a external device, the system treats it as a removable device, hence the confusion.

The solution was to do the following:

1. Get Info on the Drive in question.

2 Select Prilivges tab

3. Select the 'Igorne' check box

That's it. Haven't tried it yet as I am at home at the moment, but I will try it in near future. It might work, you never know.

:D

Wow ! Thanks cockneygeezer, it worked !

Although I haven't a FireWire Disk, it was just an internal disk (actually 2 of them configured as a RAID 0).
My checkbox was already checked, so I unchecked it and it worked.

I really appreciate that solution, thanks Dude :)

Stephan

Back