Mac OS X Tiger / AD

markfeinstein

Registered
Hello, I am setting up the first Mac OS X server on a windows domain. I am trying to get the mac to "Connect to a Directory System" however when I try to bind it to the AD I get an error that says "An invalid Domain and Forest combination was specified".

If someone could help me fix this I would greatly appriciate it.

Mark
mark.feinstein@gmail.com

Do you have a forest\domains setup or are you running a single domain?
If you have a forest and are in a sub-domain you need to put the correct dns names for both in the binding dialog (anyforest.com, anyforest.anydomain.com), if you have a single domain, only fill out the domain field, let the forest field fill itself out when it binds.
Also make sure you use a seperate AD account to perfom the binding, set one up with enough domain access to allow it to add machines to the domain I dont reccomend using the Administrator account or your own account as it can get locked out and that may cause problems.

Check your DNS records as well, you need the appropriate records (SRV) for the domain controllers so you should have at least one windows DNS server if you are running it from anything else like a Unix box or something.

Back