MAC OS X Update

UlanBator

Registered
Hi, i hope that there someone who could help with. I have just purchased a copy of mac os X, but unfortunately, i got the wrong package... I've got v. 10.0, i upgraded it to 10.0.4 but I can't get to install 10.1. It say that it cannot install it on this disk.
I have a g4 30g disk qith two partitions. I'm installing it on the second partition.

Thanks,
Max

You can download 10.1.2 from the Apple site, but you have to dl and install a couple of other things first. Security Update, then I think Installer Update. Then choose the combo 10.1.2 update. Of course, now my computer has turned into one of the undead, and will not shut down unless you take a sledgehammer to it.

Pam in Austin

Well Thanks so much.... I don't know why but you were right I had to buy a cd for 20$!!! As the updates only work FOR 10.1... There is something that is not right there as most of the programms work with 10.1, so 10. 1 should be free no?
But again thanks for your help.
Max

Originally posted by UlanBator
Well Thanks so much.... I don't know why but you were right I had to buy a cd for 20$!!! As the updates only work FOR 10.1... There is something that is not right there as most of the programms work with 10.1, so 10. 1 should be free no?
But again thanks for your help.
Max

Well, technically it is free. They just gouge you on the "shipping and handling." I picked mine up (as did a lot of folks) from my local Mac store on the day it was released to them -- the $20 is to have Apple SEND you one.

But, yes, it DOES suck! And SHOULD be available as a download too!

Back