Mac OS X...

TimR

Registered
Mac OS X is great, I really enjoy using it and it has some very nice features.However, it seems Apple has forgotten that their cutomers like to play with settings...

My personal pet peeve with OS X is the blinking menus, it was the first thing I turned off in OS 9 simply because I know what I selected and I see no reason for the silly thing to waste time blinking at me. Overall its not a real performance problem but perception is an import thing and when my windoze friends come over I want them to see a smoking fast interface....

I would suggest Apple let customers choose a few more of these type settings through a control panel of some sort...

What do you think??

Thanks
Tim
733 G4 Quicksilver

I never even noticed it until you mentioned it. It only blinks once, very quickly, and seems to be performing its task at the time.

You are right in saying that we like to have complete control to customise our interfaces, but I believe the current model is best - with OSX being simple as pie out of the box, with theme changers like Duality et al being an option for people who want further customisation.

Back