mac osx chat?

nickn

Registered
I've seen various posts mention a macosx.com chat room/channel, is it on IRC? If so which network, I joined #macosx on undernet, decent sized channel but wasn't related to this channel apparently. I'm a oper on Undernet, so I was at first glad to see it was on Undernet, saves trouble.

If there's not one on IRC, how about #osx on Undernet? I'll register it and stuff..(I can do a instant registration). I'm not trying to move it or anything, I'm open to whichever net it's on, just haven't been able to find it yet.

Thanks.

It is MacOSX.com on EFnet.
It seems like you familiar with IRC, but there is a customized client that can be downloaded at VersionTracker or MacUpdate which only connects to our channel.

Ah thanks everyone..I've already joined (yeah I'm familar with irc) which brings me to the next question, has anyone ran epic on os x? does it work well? I understand from my little knowledge so far of osx that fink apparently is a project that ports bsd/linux apps to osx? has this one been ported or does it work without being ported?

You can also use iChat. There usually are some people from the site in room "macosxcom".

Type Command-G and enter 'macosxcom' in the Address bar, with AIM option selected (not RendezVous).

Many mods wander there.

Back