Mac OSX load screen appears but no login page

Kaymun

Registered
I run windows 7 and MacOSx on my Macbook pro. I use bootcamp to switch to Mac OSx. I never had prooblems over the last 12 months in switching between the two but recently when I try to boot OSx, the apple screen comes and stays there forever without going to the login screen. I have been having some problems with Windows lately as well with auto restarts. Any advice on how to fix the OSx load issue? Should I reinstall windows and bootcamp?

Boot from the Install CD that came with your machine by holding down the C key. Go thru a few screens until you get a menu bar and under Utilities you will have Disk Utility. Light it, select your drive and click repair disk. Chances are it will find (and correct) errors on the drive.

thanks. i tried to load the installation CD by holding down C as well as tried cmd+shift+option+del but can't get the laptop to read from the DVD drive. I also tried pressing down option and only get windows and Mac on startup options. I am out of ideas.

If you have another Mac that you can connect to via firewire you should be able to boot yours in Target Disk mode by holding the t key down on boot and then run 'verify disk' against it from Disk Utility on the other machine.

Back